Hello there! Here’s a sample of my past and current research work.
In brief, the variation on a theme here is story listening, neural activity and natural language processing models. Below, you can get an overview of my research, community-building, and writing projects.
You can grab the PDF version of the resume here.
Contextual encoding model for human ECoG responses to a spoken narrative
- aim: estimate neural markers of narrative context integration across the cortex
- approach: building predictive models of ECoG responses based on contextualized and non-contextualized language representations scrambled at different linguistic scales
- we related language prediction to neuronal oscillations
- reviewed the basics of language models and vector-based semantics
- synthesized the empirical findings in the then-emerging field of computational cognitive neuroscience of language
- offered a balanced assesment of the state of the field
Community and Service
January 2019 - August 2020
- co-founding organizer of the community devoted to developing scientific practices that ensure transparency, rigour, and reproducibilty of research and academic work (give it a follow on twitter)
April 2017 - August 2020
lead organizer, co-founder
- monthly interdisciplinary meetup on AI, cognitive neuroscience and philosophy
- the meetup draw a diverse array of international speakers at all career levels, see past lectures
- now part of the Dutch Distinguished Lectures Series in Philosophy and Neuroscience
September 2016 - September 2017
- translated the cognitive science classic to from English to Slovenian (the first translation to Slovenian)